Select Page

Call now for a free consultation (919) 232-2332

Victims of Crime

Being a victim of violent crime can drastically change life, family, friends, and employment.

If you have been injured or have experienced mental or physical abuse and you choose to assist law enforcement or government officials in finding and prosecuting criminal behavior may qualify you to receive a Victim of Crime Visa.

“Law Offices of Anton is a progressive law firm, well known for our knowledge in the areas of Victims Of Crime. 

We also offer specialized legal service in the area of Victims Of Crime compensation and pride ourselves in taking on complex cases most other firms would not be willing to handle.

Our Victim Advocate is prepared to deliver the following support:

-On-scene crisis intervention

-Emotional support to victims, survivors and families

-Referrals to support groups, shelter and housing facilities, agencies that provide medical and mental health and financial support

-Assistance with filing Violent Crimes Compensation forms

-Familiarize the victim with the criminal justice system to help them understand their rights and obligations, process to obtain protective orders

-Referrals to domestic violence investigators

-Assistance in filing a Victim Impact Statement

-Assistance in recovery of property involved in the violent crime incident

-Assistance in obtaining follow-on information on the investigation process

-Personal safety planning

Applies to foreign nationals who while being in the U.S. have suffered substantial physical or mental abuse as a result of having been a victim of criminal activity. Minors under the age of 16 or unable to provide information due to a disability may have a parent, guardian, or next friend assist them in the process.

In some cases, the family members of the victim may obtain status based on the U visa classification granted to the victim. This visa is available even to those who have entered the U.S. illegally.

To apply for this visa, a declaration or certification is needed from a certifying official regarding the victim’s cooperation in the investigation and/or prosecution of the crime. Typically U visa applicants will be able to obtain a green card 3 years after their U visa is granted.

Individuals who have been victims of crimes within the ample list of criminal activities recognized by the law may qualify under this type of visa. If you have been a victim of a crime in the U.S, schedule a consultation with us so that we may determine whether you are eligible for this type of relief.

Contact Us

Abogado de Inmigración en Raleigh, NC

Contact us for more information at

(919) 232-2332